Celebrating 17 years of food and recipes here at Big Flavors by sharing 17 of the recipes that I repeat most often for my family at home.
Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen launched way back on August 1, 2006.
It's been an incredible, delicious journey, and I love taking a moment to look back at how much things have changed each year when August rolls around.
If you're new around here, you may not know much about me, so I'm going to give you a quick overview of what you can find in my little corner of the internet before we dive into the recipe roundup.
Only here for the recipes? No worries! Just click here to jump right to the roundup.
- My website (Hi 👋🏻 that's where you are right now!) is where I post all of my recipes. There's a lot here, so have fun exploring. You can use the dropdown menu to select a specific type of recipe (beverages, main courses, desserts, etc.) or enter what you're searching for in the search bar.
- Extra Helping is the email newsletter that I send out every Tuesday. You can sign up here if you'd like to get recipes and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
- You can learn about my online cooking classes here. I have lots of different offerings, and it's SO much fun to connect with you from my tiny kitchen to yours, no matter where you live. If you're on my email list, you'll also get an email on the first Friday of each month with my class schedule. I'd love to cook with you!
- Follow me on your favorite social platform(s):
- Facebook - I post here several times a week and love getting conversations going, especially with my weekly audience survey questions.
- Flipboard - this platform is one I used yeeeears ago, but have recently heard that people are back on it, so I may be there a little more often now.
- Instagram - this is probably where I'm most active. I especially enjoy sharing Instagram Stories and having conversations with followers in the DMs.
- Pinterest - My recipes have been circulating on Pinterest for a loooong time now. I love that so many of you pin my recipes to save and try!
- Threads - this is a fairly new platform (as of this writing) but it's looking like a nice Twitter alternative.
- TikTok - I'm not on this platform a ton, but this recent video ended up getting a ton of views and comments, which has been fun.
- Twitter (or X or whatever it's called at any given minute...) - I've admittedly stopped using this platform for the past several months, but I'm leaving it here in case that's your jam and also in case it's somewhere I end up going back to in the future.
- YouTube - I'm working on editing more videos to go on this platform. I recently posted part 1 of a new video series - 5 of the BEST restaurants in Ocean City, Maryland.
- Love cookbooks (or reading in general)? I have curated lists over on Bookshop.org. Shopping through my storefront helps support local independent bookstores.
- Doing some online shopping? I have all sorts of lists over on my Amazon shop. There are kitchen tools, appliances, baking supplies, eco-friendly items to help reduce kitchen waste, mixology and cocktail supplies, things for your home café, and my favorite items for getting kids in the kitchen. I even have a list of funny culinary-themed gifts for holiday gift exchanges or white elephant parties.
However you found Big Flavors, I want to thank you for being here. I love sharing recipes, tips, tricks, and talking about food with all of you. Your support is so very appreciated!
Here are our 17 most repeated recipes...
Balsamic Marinated Pork Tenderloin
This simple, comforting pork tenderloin recipe is a family favorite that's simple enough for a weeknight and elegant enough for entertaining.
Broiler Kebab Sheet Pan Meal
Get the game plan for a complete Persian comfort food meal in just 20 minutes! Complete with video and step by step tips for timing your meal.
Classic Dutch Apple Pie
This easy homemade deep-dish Dutch apple pie recipe has been the star of my family's holiday gatherings for generations. Truly a classic, favorite dessert.
Dino’s Guacamole – Restaurant-Style Guac in Just 5 Minutes!
Restaurant-style guacamole is super simple to make at home! 2 ripe avocados + a few ingredients and you have the perfect Mexican appetizer!
Easy Classic Hummus Using Canned Chickpeas
Smooth, delicious homemade hummus using canned chickpeas comes together in minutes with just a few ingredients. An easy appetizer or snack!
Easy Sheet Pan Roasted Green Beans with Lemon
This 10-minute, 4-ingredient sheet pan recipe for roasted green beans is one of our favorite simple side dishes. A weeknight staple!
Falafel-Spiced Chickpea Flatbreads
Naan is covered in garlicky tzatziki sauce and covered with Middle Eastern-spiced chickpeas, tahini, fresh herbs and Sriracha in this street food/comfort food mashup.
Farro, Avocado, Cucumber, and Cherry Tomato Salad with Feta
This chilled salad is on repeat in my house all year long, but especially in the summer! It's light yet satisfying and makes a perfect meatless main course or colorful side dish.
Homemade Grill Seasoning: The BEST Spice Blend for Meat & Veggies
This homemade grill seasoning is perfect for chicken, steak, pork, seafood, & veggies! Great for grilling or as an all-purpose seasoned salt.
My Favorite Garlic Bread
I make some version of this garlic bread OFTEN. The garlic butter is delicious on lots of different types of bread. I usually broil it, but you can also cook it in a skillet or on a griddle.
No Mayo Deviled Eggs
This easy-to-make, classic deviled egg recipe is a bite-sized party appetizer favorite! Made with pantry staples - no mayo needed!
Our Favorite Chicken Fajitas
Grab your cast iron skillet - these chicken fajitas are a one pan meal that are so good they'll outshine your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant!
Rhubarb Custard Pie
This one-crust rhubarb custard pie has been a mouthwateringly sweet-yet-tart family favorite for decades. A classic that's sure to impress!
Ricotta Cookies – A Family Favorite Italian Holiday Dessert Recipe
This simple dessert recipe makes lots of pillowy soft, tender cookies that are sure to be a family favorite! Perfect for cookie exchanges & holiday parties.
Skillet Lasagna with Lamb, Ricotta + Mint
Lamb lasagna in under an hour! This deliciously addictive pasta lamb skillet recipe is simple enough for a weeknight & impressive enough for dinner guests.
Settino’s Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
My Italian father-in-law made the BEST stuffed mushrooms! This is his recipe for the best bite-sized appetizer - perfect for holiday entertaining!
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls with Shrimp + Peanut Sauce
Wrapping up these tasty spring rolls with peanut sauce is easier than you think! A cool, refreshing recipe that's perfect for summer.
Thank you again for all of your support throughout the years. Here's to many, many more!
Want to see more blogiversary celebrations?
- 2022: 16 Favorite Sweets for Big Flavors’ Sweet Sixteen
- 2021: 15 Favorite Food Memories to Celebrate 15 Years of Big Flavors
- 2020: 14 Favorite Recipes to Celebrate 14 Years of Big Flavors
- 2019: 13 Things I’ve Learned in 13 Years of Food Blogging
- 2018: 12 Most Popular Recipes on Big Flavors
- 2017: Tropical Superfruit Smoothie Bowl
- 2016: A Decade of Big Flavors
- 2015: Big Flavors Turns 9 + Reader Favorites
- 2014: Big Flavors Turns 8 + Reader Favorites
- 2013: Big Flavors Turns 7!
- 2012: Big Flavors Turns 6! Quinoa Mexi 6 Layer Casserole
- 2011: Turning 5: Chinese Five Spice Crusted Tofu over Fried Rice
- 2010: Big Flavors Turns 4! (And A Nutella Banana Panini)
- 2009: Big Flavors Turns 3! Let’s Celebrate with Banana Crumb Muffins
- 2007: One-Year Anniversary of Big Flavors!
Doing some online shopping? Check out my Amazon shop page for recommendations!