Bacon and molasses take this sweet-and-salty side dish to the next level!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love baked beans. I usually have seconds (and thirds!) any time they’re part of a meal.
I don’t make them from scratch too often, but once I got my Instant Pot, I wanted to try pressure cooking them.
The results rocked my world!
I really liked the addition of bacon to the beans. It added a nice smoky flavor and it was nice to run into the occasional bit-o-pork while eating this.
Beans can be a little finicky, so cooking times may vary. I ended up needing to cook them for an additional 10 minutes at high pressure for them to be tender enough, so I changed the directions to reflect the additional time. Just know that your results may vary, depending on your beans.
I loved that I could thicken the sauce right in the Instant Pot. I got the beans nice and thick and sticky – just how I like ’em!
Looking for more Instant Pot comfort food? My Instant Pot Herbed Pot Roast is fan-freakin-tastic! This Instant Pot Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Soup will warm you right up! And if you’re looking for a tasty appetizer, my Chicken Quesadillas with Chipotle Ranch Dip are a great choice.
more comfort food recipes? Check out some of our favorites:
- Sausage and Peppers
- Latin-Spiced Pork + Squash Skillet with Chili Lime Cherries
- Ravioli Lasagna
- Instant Pot Herbed Pot Roast
- Grilled PB&J Sticks
- Garlicky Littleneck Clams with Bacon + Wine Over Sautéed Spring Veggies
- Instant Pot Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Soup
- Waffle Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict
- Skillet Lasagna with Lamb, Ricotta + Mint
- Roast Chicken with Dijon Root Vegetables
- Our Favorite Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
- Roasted Garlic Gruyère Pull-Apart Bread
- Rosemary Beef & Peas Over Grits
- Bar-B-Q Pulled Pork Fries with Cole Slaw
- Spicy Turkey Three-Bean Chili
- Zoodle Frittata
- Buttered Pasta with Peas, Egg and Garlic
What’s your favorite BBQ side dish? I’d love to hear about it in the comment section below!
Note: This post includes affiliate links for items that I genuinely enjoy. Big Flavors will receive a tiny commission from purchases made through affiliate links on this site at no added cost to you. This allows us to cover site-related expenses and helps to keep us cooking up a storm!