A cool, refreshing addition to any Middle Eastern meal.
I've always been a fan of cooling yogurt side dishes with Middle Eastern and Indian dishes. They make such a nice, refreshing accompaniment.
When I made this one for our Supper Club, I doubled the recipe, figuring I'd eat about half of it just on my own.
It was a big hit at the dinner table. The cucumber and walnuts give it a really great texture, and the fresh dill livens it up. It had just the right amount of garlic, and the sprinkle of red pepper flakes on top added a bit of a kick.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts (to give crunchy taste)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, (minced in salt)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- crushed red pepper, as a garnish
- whole walnuts, as a garnish
See The Kitchn for the full recipe.