Fresh fruit, radishes, ramps and burrata cheese add a flavorful punch to this plate of greens! Perfect for patriotic holiday celebrations and summer lunches!
I've been working on making salads more interesting lately. And a great way to find inspiration for topping options is a stroll through the Farmers Market.
I found some beautiful fresh burrata cheese at one of the local farm stands, and I just knew it needed to go on top of a big pile of greens for lunch.
I also picked up some ramps and radishes, which added a nice bit of onion-y, peppery flavor.
For sweetness, I sprinkled on some fresh blueberries and cherries, and a sprinkle of sunflower seeds for crunch.
This combination of flavors worked out beautifully. And the combination of colors really made this salad even more enjoyable. The red, white & blue combo would make this a perfect addition to a Memorial Day or 4th of July meal. Yum!
Looking for more of our favorite salads? Check out these 5-star recipes:
- Roma Salad with Caper-Dill Vinaigrette
- Falafel-Spiced Chickpea Salad with Tahini-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Taco Salad with Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Quick Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Dill Vinaigrette
- Pax Romana’s Quinoa Salad with Mixed Vegetable, Goat Cheese & Orange Dressing
- Fennel + Citrus Salad with Shallots + Capers
- Creamy Cucumber, Avocado, Chickpea, & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad
- Smoky Shrimp Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- BBQ Ranch Chopped Chicken Salad
- Cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Shaved Parmesan Salad
- Triple Crunch Asian Salad
Recipe for Red, White & Blue Spinach Salad with Fresh Burrata
Fresh fruit, radishes, ramps and burrata cheese add a flavorful punch to this plate of greens! Perfect for patriotic holidays and summer lunches!
- 2-3 big handfuls baby spinach
- 2 ramps, thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- 1 handful fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1-2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 ball fresh burrata cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste (I used gray salt)
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic
- Pile greens on a plate. Top with sliced ramps, blueberries, cherries, and sunflower seeds.
- Cut the burrata in half just before placing it on top of the salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle on oil and vinegar.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 25.6 g
- Sodium: 1733.8 mg
- Fat: 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.1 g
- Fiber: 8.7 g
- Protein: 24.1 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: 4th of July, red white and blue, farmers market salad