Make the most of ripe avocados with this super simple, quick, protein-packed salad.
I had a few super ripe avocados in my kitchen last week, and I thought it’d be nice to add them into a side salad for dinner that night.
I didn’t have a ton of time, so I took a quick look at what I had in the fridge and pantry and put this together.
And. It. Rocked.
The avocado gets extra creamy when you toss it with the other ingredients, almost making it part of the vinaigrette that coats it.
We really liked the textural contrast between the crispy cucumbers, creamy chickpeas and chewy sun-dried tomatoes. And those tomatoes added the perfect amount of sweetness, too.
This was a surprise hit, and it was excellent for the warmer weather we had that week. Quick, full of protein, vitamins and healthy fats. And as a bonus, there’s ZERO cooking required. It took all of 5 minutes to put together. It was even good leftover the next day, straight from the refrigerator.
This is definitely something I’ll make again, and it’s a perfect alternative to guacamole when you need to use up avocados when they’re at their peak ripeness.Print
Make the most of ripe avocados with this super simple, quick protein-packed salad.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 English cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil (I used a robust variety)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Place avocados, cucumbers, chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour oil and vinegar over top, season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Enjoy!
Keywords: avocado, chickpeas, sundried tomatoes