This pan-roasted pork tenderloin recipe is perfect comfort food using only one pan – great for a weeknight dinner!
A few weeks ago, I was at the Farmers Market with my son. He has this really great knack for picking out ingredients that I would have otherwise overlooked, so when he spotted these Fairy Tale Eggplant – I just couldn’t pass them up!
I had never heard of this variety before, and they ended up being so wonderful. Nice and tender without a ton of seeds and not bitter at all. It was like winning the eggplant lottery!
So when dinnertime was looming, I decided to improvise a one-pan meal featuring the eggplant and a beautifully ripe tomato that I picked up that day, too.
I love the way pork tenderloin turns out when it’s seared on the stovetop and finished in the oven, so I knew that would work well here.
The results were absolutely delicious! My husband and I were thrilled with this meal. I’d definitely make it again.
The tomatoes got nice and soft and a bit saucy, and the bit of fresh herbs at the end really brightened the whole dish up.
We had some homemade ciabatta from one of the members of our Supper Club hanging out in the freezer, so I warmed it up in the oven and served it alongside to sop up the juices.
I highly recommend some bread with this – it was a great accompaniment!
Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fairy Tale Eggplant & Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large ripe tomato, cored and cut into wedges (then halve each wedge)
- 8 ounces fairy tale eggplant, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Freshly snipped chives, for garnish
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional, but encouraged)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork dry and season with half of the salt and pepper, the cumin, paprika and coriander. Rub the seasoning all over. Once oil is hot, place pork in the skillet and sear for a few minutes per side, until nicely browned all over. Add garlic, tomato, eggplant and vinegar to the pan. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, slice pork into medallions. Serve with roasted tomatoes and eggplant and sprinkle with chives. Serve with warm, crusty bread alongside. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 500.4 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 33.3 g
- Cholesterol: 98.2 mg
Keywords: roasted pork tenderloin, crispy pork, one pan meal