Spicy and addictive, these crackers will be a hit at any party!
I wanted to bring an easy snack to a game night at my friend’s house, and these crackers totally fit the bill.
I changed up the type of oil used in these (the original called for canola) and also went a little easier on the pepper flakes, since I use Penzeys and they’re incredibly spicy.
These were really easy to put together, and it’s amazing how the flavor soaks into all of the crackers. Next time, I want to use some of my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix to keep it MSG-free.
These crackers pack a punch, and they were a big hit with my friends!Print
These crackers pack a punch and were a party hit!
1. Line crackers on ends (like dominoes) in an air-tight container.
2. In a small bowl, mix oil, dressing mix, peppers, and garlic powder.
3. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
4. Continue to stir to prevent the pepper from settling on the bottom of the bowl.
5. Spoon mixture evenly over crackers, like drizzling icing on a cake.
6. Close lid tightly and flip the container over every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes. Lightly shake back and forth to make sure all the crackers are coated.
7. Store in a ziplock bag. Will keep for about a week — if they last that long!
Adapted from Food.com
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 342.5 mg
- Fat: 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: spicy crackers, seasoned saltines, fire crackers