My husband loves creamed spinach, but I rarely make it because it’s so indulgent. But when I came across this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, I knew it would be a hit!
Chickpeas make this a heartier, healthier version of this classic side dish. It was simple to put together and really tasty. Don’t shy away from salt and pepper to really make this dish pop!
And, of course, I took the leftovers and put a fried egg on top for lunch the next day. It was fantastic! The egg yolk mixed with the spinach and chickpeas… it was just so, so good.
I highly recommend topping pretty much all of your leftovers with fried eggs 🙂
Creamed Spinach with Chickpeas
5 Ingredients 10 Minutes: Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Tired and Hungry Cooks – Jules Clancy
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
250g frozen spinach, thawed
400g can chickpeas, drained
4-6 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Heat a few tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan.
2. Cook garlic on a medium-high heat for about 30 seconds or until browned.
3. Add spinach and stir-fry for a few minutes until the water has evaporated and the spinach is hot.
4. Stir in chickpeas and cream and cook until hot.
5. Stir in a squeeze of lemon. Taste and season.
Big Flavors Rating: 4 Stars