I made these tacos a while back as a quick and easy way to celebrate Taco Tuesday.
Or Everyday. Because TACOS. (duh)
These beauties are a snap to put together, and totally vegan! They were fresh and filling, and my husband and I gobbled them up. I loved the combo of sweet and spicy, and the fresh peaches were absolutely scrumptious!
The next day, I made a salad with the leftovers by throwing the chickpeas and relish on top of some cooked bulgur, and it was fantastic!Print
For Taco Filling:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin oil
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For Peach Relish:
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and diced (about 2 cups total)
- 2 tablespoons shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- zest of 1 lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Corn tortillas, warmed
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over moderate heat. Add chickpeas, garlic, tomato paste and seasonings, stirring to combine. Cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the peach relish and set aside.
- Serve peach relish on top of spiced chickpeas inside of warmed tortillas. Top with thinly sliced radishes and a squeeze of lime, if desired. Enjoy!