This quick, colorful meal is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a homemade meal without a lot of effort.
I bought a 6 pack of thin-cut pork chops, and it was the perfect amount for 3 adults (2 of those thin chops for each of us).
The couscous had a surprising depth of flavor for so few ingredients. Toasting the turmeric really brought it to life, and using stock instead of water made it extra rich.
This is definitely a recipe that should be in your arsenal. It's simple yet elegant enough for dinner guests. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ¾ cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat Israeli couscous
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless, center-cut pork chops
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 thyme sprigs
- ¾ cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 ½ tablespoons drained capers
See MyRecipes for the full recipe.