A simple, elegant, hearty salad that comes together in under 10 minutes!
I made this for lunch and kept the dressing/bean mixture separate from the arugula so it could be enjoyed more than once without having to worry about soggy salad greens.
When my husband was looking for a late-night snack a couple days later, I told him to pop a pile of arugula on top of the bowl of dressing-soaked beans and onions and toss it together. He really enjoyed it, too, and I didn’t have to do any extra work!
The flavor combination here is great – it’s nice and tangy and the red onion adds a nice, crunchy contrast to the silky white beans.
I’d say this makes 4 side dish servings, but only 2 servings if you’re having it as a meal on its own.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind plus 2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cups firmly packed baby arugula
See Cooking Light for the full recipe.