Baked Italian Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links, which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Pantry staples flavor thisPantry staples flavor this spin on classic baked Italian meatballs that come together in a snap! Easy and delicous!!
A dear friend of mine recently moved back home after several years away. To welcome her back, I invited her over for a home-cooked meal.
I don’t know what inspired me to make up a new meatball recipe to try out on an Italian friend, but I went for it. And she loved them! So did my (also Italian) husband.
The Worcestershire sauce added a really nice depth of flavor that was different from other meatballs I’ve had.
The meatballs stuck to the pan a bit, so I mentioned that maybe I should have sprayed the pan or lined it before cooking them, but the browned bits were a big hit with the Italian crowd.
Use this information to determine if you want to line the pan or not if you decide to make these beauties. And you should!
My friend told me they’re the best meatballs she’s had, and that’s a major compliment coming from someone who has lived in Italy! (My personal favorites to come out of my tiny kitchen are these Spaghetti con Polpette di Carne).
I think this recipe would also work well with ground turkey, or meatloaf mix (a combination of veal, pork and beef).
I served this over whole grain spaghetti with Oven Roasted Grape Tomatoes, freshly shaved Parmesan cheese and a big batch of My Favorite Garlic Bread.Print
Baked Italian Meatballs
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Pantry staples flavor this spin on classic baked Italian meatballs that come together in a snap! Easy and delicous!
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 85% lean, grass-fed)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced (1–2 tablespoons total)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beef in a medium bowl, lightly breaking it up with your fingers. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix lightly with your hands, being careful not to over mix.
- Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a baking sheet, leaving space between each meatball. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and enjoy!
You may want to line the baking sheet with foil and/or spray it with oil or cooking spray to keep the meatballs from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Serving Size: About 4 meatballs
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 399.4 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
- Cholesterol: 125.2 mg
Keywords: baked meatballs, Italian dinner, ground beef recipes
Meatballs are my newest comfort food… I just eat them without the pasta <3