Crispy Tofu Pad Thai
This post may contain affiliate links, which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I finally wrote up the changes that I make to this recipe. It’s our favorite Pad Thai, and wonderfully spicy and refreshing. I couldn’t find bean sprouts this time around, but I highly recommend them as it takes this dish over the top.
Crispy Tofu Pad Thai
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Plant-based proteins like tofu and peanuts are abundant sources of protein.
1 (12.3-ounce) package reduced-fat, firm tofu, drained
2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 ounces flat uncooked rice noodles
½ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
½ cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
dry-roasted (unsalted) peanuts, chopped
green onions, chopped
bean sprouts, rinsed well
1. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes, and toss with cornstarch.
2. Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; set aside.
3. Combine ketchup, sugar, fish sauce, and Sriracha. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until golden. Remove tofu from pan.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Sauté bell pepper until it starts to soften. Add eggs and egg white; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from pan.
5. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan. Add noodles; cook 3 minutes. Stir in ketchup mixture; cook 30 seconds. Add egg mixture and tofu; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in onions and cilantro.
6. Serve in bowls and top with a drizzle of soy sauce, chopped peanuts, green onions, cilantro and bean sprouts. Squeeze a healthy dose of lime juice over top. Add more Sriracha if you like it spicy. Enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 876
- Sugar: 34.4 g
- Sodium: 2463.8 mg
- Fat: 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 119.9 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 32.6 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: crispy tofu, tofu pad thai, vegetarian pad thai
Phad Thai….Now, that is a dish that I love. Yours with the crispy tofu looks wonderful.
I just made this, and it’s delicious! I substituted chicken for the tofu and it came out great. Next time I make it I’m going to add shrimp 🙂
Thanks for posting!
This is my favorite pad thai recipe!