This quick & easy make-ahead layered taco dip recipe is always a crowd-pleaser. Perfect for your next potluck, picnic, or game day gathering!
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried beans
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (or a 1-ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3 medium)
- Tortilla or corn chips, for serving
- Spread refried beans In the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish (or other casserole container) in an even layer.
- Peel and pit avocados and place in a medium bowl. Mash avocados with a fork, then add sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasoning, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and mix well to combine. Spread over the top of the refried beans.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top, followed by olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve taco dip chilled with tortilla or corn chips for dipping.
You can make the base layer and prep the toppings in advance – store separately in the refrigerator and sprinkle toppings on before serving for an easy, make-ahead party appetizer.
See my full post above for more tips and alternate ideas for dippers.
- Serving Size: 2 scoops
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 565.3 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 8.6 g
- Cholesterol: 16.3 mg
Keywords: game day appetizers, make-ahead appetizers, taco dip