We took all the fun of s’mores but upped the ante by stuffing them inside dumpling wrappers, swapping the chocolate for Nutella, deep frying them and dunking them in marshmallow fluff.
- Peanut oil, for deep frying
- Dumpling wrappers
- 9 full graham cracker sheets, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Marshmallow fluff
- Prepare oil and assemble dumplings: Heat several inches of peanut oil in a large, deep pot (preferably cast iron) to 325°F. While the oil is coming up to temperature, get a small bowl of water ready. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the Nutella into a dumpling wrapper. Dip a finger in the water and run it around the perimeter of the dumpling wrapper. Fold it in half and press the edges firmly to seal around the filling. Set on a tray and repeat with remaining dumpling wrappers until you run out of wrappers or filling.
- Deep-fry dumplings: Once the dumplings are ready and the oil has reached 325°F, carefully place 6 dumplings in the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, flipping occasionally with a spider or metal tongs. Remove dumplings to a paper towel-lined tray that has been topped with a metal cooling rack. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the dumplings while still warm. Repeat with remaining dumplings. Serve warm with the marshmallow fluff to dip in.
An Eats Well With Others + Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen Collaboration
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 220.3 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 3.2 mg
Keywords: nutella, chocolate dumplings, dessert dumplings, dessert pierogis