This simple Irish meal is made even easier with the help of the slow cooker, and it’s the perfect excuse to buy a 6-pack of Guinness! Great for St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
- 1 (3-5 pound) corned beef brisket
- 2 (11.2-ounce) bottles Guinness Draught
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole yellow mustard seeds
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 small yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 small green cabbage, quartered, cored, and cut into large chunks
- Coarse ground mustard (optional)
- Place corned beef in slow cooker, cutting it into 2 pieces if it’s too big to fit whole. Add remaining items on top, in the order listed, ending with cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
- Slice meat and serve with coarse ground mustard for dipping, if desired.