Tangy goat cheese is whipped with Greek yogurt and topped with a tangy, garlicky tomato-and-herb mixture for a flavorful appetizer offering.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup multi-colored grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make tomatoes: Heat oil in a medium skillet over moderate heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, herbs, balsamic and salt and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have started to melt down and the liquid that they have released starts to thicken. Remove from heat to let cool.
- Make dip: Place goat cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Turn it on and let it whip for 60-90 seconds.
- To serve, place whipped goat cheese dip in a bowl and top with cooled balsamic tomatoes. Top with a drizzle of oil. Serve with chips (like Late July Organic‘s Sea Salt by the Sea Shore Multigrain Tortilla Chips), toasted baguette slices or veggies for dipping.
- If you prefer the dip to be a little firmer, you can refrigerate the goat cheese mixture after it comes out of the food processor.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 212.5 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.3 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 13.3 mg
Keywords: goat cheese, Greek yogurt, herb dip, easy appetizer