A quick vinaigrette gives this sheet pan roasted tofu recipe lots of bright, fresh flavor. Serve with steamed rice for a colorful vegan meal in just 30 minutes!
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound baby carrots (I used a gourmet rainbow mix)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Steamed jasmine rice, for serving (optional)
- Prepare tofu: Drain tofu and blot dry with paper towels. Cut tofu crosswise into 8 slices. Lay slices down flat and cut each in half lengthwise, then across twice to make to 6 cubes. Place a double layer of paper towels on a cutting board and lay the tofu slices in a single layer on top of it. Top with another double layer of paper towels and lay another cutting board or baking sheet on top. Grab a few cans or other heavy items from your pantry and place them on top to weigh down the tofu. Let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss onions and carrots in vinaigrette, and remove them to a large, rimmed baking sheet, leaving excess vinaigrette in the bowl. Spread veggies into a single layer, then gently toss the tofu with the remaining vinaigrette. Scatter tofu on top of the veggies.
- Roast veggies and tofu in the preheated oven until the carrots are cooked through and the tofu starts getting golden around the edges, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve tofu & veggies on top of steamed jasmine rice.
You can skip the pressing of the tofu, but be sure to blot it dry as much as possible before cooking. Pressing it is definitely worth the extra time if you have it!