This smoky-sweet Spanish appetizer recipe is guaranteed to be a hit at your next tapas party! Pair it with a fruity Spanish wine for a simple, elegant hors d’oeuvre that can be prepared in under 15 minutes!
- 1 baguette, sliced on the bias into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 dried Spanish chorizo (I used an uncured variety), sliced thin
- 1 wedge manchego cheese (I used an 8 month aged raw milk variety), sliced thin
- 16 dried figs, cut in half
- 2–4 tablespoons honey, for drizzling
- Fresh snipped chives, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil, flipping slices and rubbing them around a bit to get oil on both sides. Broil until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, then flip and broil for another minute or 2, until golden brown. You may need to do this in 2 batches if using the full baguette.
- Transfer toasted baguette slices to a serving platter. Top each with a slice of manchego, a slice of chorizo, and half of a dried fig. Drizzle crostini with honey and sprinkle chives over top.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 158.8 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 3.7 mg
Keywords: tapas, easy appetizers, honey fig crostini