Restaurant-style guacamole is super simple to make at home – just 2 ripe avocados and a handful of ingredients and you have the perfect Mexican appetizer!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 medium-sized ripe Haas avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 4-6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion (about 1/4 of a small red onion)
- Mortar & pestle
- In a mortar, add the garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander. Use the pestle to smash and crush the garlic and mix everything together to form a paste.
- Add the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes, and red onion and mix until well combined. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
You can add the cilantro in with the garlic and spices if you prefer smaller pieces of cilantro in your guacamole.
If you don’t have limes, 1 1/2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar can be substituted.
Keywords: mortar and pestle, Mexican, guacamole