Reduced fat cream cheese makes this one pot dish extra luxurious without the guilt!
- 12-ounces whole grain fettuccine or linguine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- ½-cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3-ounces ? Less-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1–1/2 cups tomato/pasta sauce
- ¼-cup grated parmesan cheese, or to taste
- In a stockpot, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and almost all liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and tomato sauce; mix until combined.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Diethood
Calories: 303 Fat: 5.7 Saturated fat: 2.4 Carbohydrates: 49.4 Sugar: 6.7 Sodium: 517 Fiber: 7.6 Protein: 13.8