This Greek-inspired grain salad is tossed in a smooth and tangy balsamic dressing made with fat-free Greek yogurt. This one proves that health food can pack a flavorful punch!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Sorghum
- 3 cups water
- 5.3 ounces Stonyfield 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced (plus 2 tablespoons of the oil from the
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 15.5 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bocconcini (bite-sized fresh mozzarella, about 18 pieces)
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon each fresh mint, basil and parsley, chopped
- Rinse and drain sorghum and place it in a medium saucepan along with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat and simmer until tender (about 50-60 minutes).
- Drain any remaining liquid, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- While the sorghum is cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic, olive oil and pepper until smooth.
- Add in cooled sorghum, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, bocconcini, cucumber, and herbs and toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (can also chill overnight).
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 347.4 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 14.3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: ancient grains, grain salad