A silky smooth, slightly sweet way to end any dim sum party! These luxuriously smooth treats take only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes on the stovetop, then just stash them in the fridge until party time!
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agar-agar powder
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 3/4 teaspoon rose water
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Sprinkle the agar-agar powder over the top, add sugar, and whisk to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut cream and rose water.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8×8 square pan, cover with foil, and refrigerate until set – at least 3 hours, up to overnight.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan and turn it out onto a cutting board. Cut into diamonds, squares, or rectangles and serve cold.
Recipe adapted from Encyclopedia of Asian Food by Charmaine Solomon
Keywords: Chinese New Year, Dim Sum, dessert