This quick, easy, caper-studded couscous side dish recipe gets an extra flavor boost using the oil from a jar of sun-dried tomatoes!
- 1 cup water (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 cup couscous (see notes)
- 5–6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of their oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, bring water, salt, and butter to a boil. Stir in the couscous, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers.
- Cover the pan and immediately remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley, pepper, and serve.
The water to couscous ratio varies slightly by brand. Mine called for 1 cup of each, but check your package instructions and adjust accordingly.
- Serving Size: About 1/3 cup
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 300.9 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: easy side dish, caper recipes, grain side dish