Crisp apples add sweetness to this simple yet elegant Italian salad.
- 3 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 heads Belgian endive, trimmed, cut on the bias into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 apples, skin on, cored, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted and chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and salt, and season with black pepper. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream to make a smooth, emulsified dressing.
- Toss the endive, apples, and walnuts together in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing, toss well, and serve immediately.
Recipe from Lidia’s Common Sense Italian Cooking – Lidia Bastianich (via Epicurious)
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 342.4 mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2 g
- Fiber: 18.1 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Italian salad, endive, walnuts, homemade salad dressing