Garlic and dried Italian seasoning amp up the flavor in this easy, beefy main course.
- 24 ounces London broil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place London broil in a large zip-top bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over London broil. Seal the bag and allow to marinate for several hours in the refrigerator (mine was in for 7).
- Preheat broiler to high. Place meat on a broiler pan, reserving marinade in a small saucepan. Broil meat for 5 minutes, flip, and broil another 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- While the meat cooks, remove bay leaf from reserved marinade and bring the liquid to a boil. Allow to cook and reduce until thickened into a sauce.
- Once meat is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Drizzle reduced marinade over top and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 9.7 g
- Sodium: 624.8 mg
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 42.6 g
- Cholesterol: 154.7 mg
Keywords: London broil, marinated steak, stovetop steak