This one pan chicken recipe is weeknight comfort food at its best and a total family favorite! Just 6 ingredients plus oil, salt, and pepper and a little time in the oven are all you need for this easy chicken dinner.
- 24 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sweet peas, drained
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a 3 quart baking dish, toss potatoes with garlic, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, trim excess skin from chicken thighs. Score the chicken 4 times (I like to make an XX pattern crossing in opposite directions) on the skin side, about 1/4-inch deep. Toss with remaining oil, salt, thyme, and pepper and set aside until potatoes are ready.
- Place seasoned thighs on top of potatoes in a single layer, skin-side up, and return to the oven for 40 minutes.
- Add drained peas, tucking them down around the chicken, and cook another 15-20 minutes, until warmed.
- Serve chicken with crusty bread for dunking into the pan juices, if desired.