Graham cracker crust is slathered with a layer of bittersweet chocolate that’s hidden beneath a pumpkin & semi-sweet chocolate filling.
- 4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (about 32 crackers)
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate (preferably 55 percent cacao), chopped
- 4 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Firmly press half of mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep, 9 1/2-inch pie plate. Repeat with remaining mixture in second pie plate. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle half of bittersweet chocolate over bottom of each crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate, about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt semisweet chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
- Pour half of pumpkin mixture into each crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight). Before serving, drizzle melted milk chocolate over top of both pies. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Martha Stewart