Sweet corn muffins are a tender, delicious treat that are great for breakfast, snack time, or dessert. Great for baking with kids!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (lightly spooned into measuring cups and leveled with a knife)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (I used whole milk)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2–4 tablespoons turbinado sugar, for topping (optional, but encouraged!)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line or grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, melted butter, milk, and egg.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour wet mixture into the well and stir together until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
Divide the batter evenly among cups. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little turbinado sugar or other toppings, if desired (see box in post above).
Bake at 375° until a cake tester or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light.
Try sprinkling chopped nuts on top before baking, along with the turbinado sugar, for extra crunch!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 15.7 g
- Sodium: 66.5 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.3 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 27.5 mg
Keywords: baking, breakfast, kid-friendly recipe