Ground sumac is a wonderfully tangy spice used in Middle Eastern recipes. This 4-ingredient vinaigrette is a quick & easy way to enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons ground sumac (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt, if needed (see notes)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, sumac, and cinnamon. Taste for seasoning and season with salt if desired.
Sumac is often mixed with salt, so I recommend leaving out any additional salt until you taste the final vinaigrette.
If you don’t have ground sumac, you can omit it and add a little fresh lemon zest and kosher salt, to taste, for seasoning.
If you find this a bit too sour, feel free to whisk in a little sugar, maple syrup, or rice vinegar to balance it out.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 19.3 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ground sumac, salad dressing, homemade vinaigrette