This simple chicken stir-fry recipe is a great way to use up whatever veggies you have hanging out in the fridge. Serve over forbidden rice for extra fun!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce*
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- dry-roasted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
Heat peanut oil in a large, non-stick skillet. Add reserved clove of garlic and onion and sauté for a few minutes, until beginning to soften. Add the chicken with the marinade and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until the chicken is almost cooked through.
Add snow peas and water chestnuts and sauté until chicken is done.
Serve over rice, garnishing with cilantro, peanuts and lime.
*Optional: use Gluten Free
Keywords: chicken stir-fry, forbidden rice, marinade