Two sauces are better than one when it comes to these tender, shredded pork tacos!
- 1 (7-pound) bone-in pork shoulder/Boston butt
- 2 ounces Stubb’s Chipotle Butter Injectable Marinade
- 3 tablespoons Stubb’s Pork Spice Rub
- 12-ounces beer (I used a pilsner)
For Avocado Crema:
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
For Chipotle Crema:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s Chipotle Butter Injectable Marinade
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, warmed
- 2 (10-count) packages flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend (the one I used had Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Quesadilla & Asadero)
- 1 small red onion, minced (or a large shallot)
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 2–3 limes, cut into wedges
- Optional: Your favorite hot sauce or more Chipotle Butter Injectable Marinade, if you like things extra spicy!
- Using the provided syringe, inject Chipotle Butter Marinade into several areas all around the pork. Sprinkle spice rub all over the outside and rub to coat evenly. Place in slow cooker, pour beer around and cook on low for 10-12 hours (or 5-6 hours on high), until the meat is tender.
- Place all of the ingredients for the Avocado Crema in a food processor, and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the container down if necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir together Chipotle Crema ingredients together.
- Once pork is tender, carefully remove from slow cooker, leaving any liquid behind. The bone should slide right out – remove it along with any excess fat, then shred the pork with 2 forks.
- To serve, fill tortillas with shredded pork, scatter on black beans, cheese, onion and cilantro leaves. Drizzle with a little of each crema and additional hot sauce, if desired. Serve with lime wedges alongside. Enjoy!
Cremas can be made earlier in the day – just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: crema, shredded pork, avocado, tacos