Who says you can’t have delicious, chocolatey muffins and feel good about eating them?
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 (5.3 ounce) Stonyfield Vive la Vanilla Petite Crème
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add Petite Crème, honey, egg and milk and whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out almost clean.
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli