Bust out your favorite cocoa powder and satisfy your brownie cravings with this super rich, bite-sized chocolate-packed dessert.
For preparing the pan:
- Butter flavored coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- All purpose flour, for dusting the greased pan
For the brownies:
- 4 large eggs (I used Pete & Gerry’s)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces butter flavored coconut oil, melted
- 2 ounces plain yogurt (I used Stonyfield Grassfed)
- 1 1/4 cups good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sprouted wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add sugars and mix to combine. Add remaining ingredients (melted coconut oil through salt), and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Place the brownie pan on a cooling rack and let cool before slicing and dusting with powdered sugar.