Get ready for a fun twist on cereal bars with these chocolatey, peanut buttery treats!
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- For bars: Coat 13×9″ pan with cooking spray. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, salt and vanilla and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until completely melted.
- Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and add stir in cereal until well coated. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. (Use a silicone spatula or wax paper to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to your hands)
- For topping: Pour white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until fully melted and smooth, stirring after every 30 seconds. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars (I used a fork, drizzling the chocolate from a few inches above the bars for a more even coating).
- In another bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing after each addition. Once well mixed, add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is smooth enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bars.
- Cover pan and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares to serve. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen – Ashley Covelli