What’s better than a quick & easy snack that involves cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, and lots of fun mix-ins? Puppy Chow is a family party food favorite!
- 1 (12-ounce box) crispy rice cereal squares
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Pretzel rods
- Chocolate chips
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment, until fully melted, about 2 minutes total.
- Stir in vanilla and salt. Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal and stir gently until well coated.
- Pour powdered sugar in a gallon sized zip-top bag, add coated cereal, and seal. Shake bag until the cereal is well coated.
- Add mix-ins, if desired, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
You can melt the chocolate and peanut butter on the stovetop, if desired.
Keywords: puppy chow, muddy buddies, kid-friendly