This simple, colorful, healthy meal comes together in a snap and is elegant enough for entertaining.
- 1 small jar capers
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro (1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 bunches green onions, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 heirloom cherry tomatoes (red and yellow), halved
- Spoon 1 tablespoon caper brine and 2 tablespoons drained capers into the bowl of a mini food processor. Add cilantro, 3 tablespoons oil, and 1 tablespoon water. Chop green onions to measure 3 tablespoons. Add 3 tablespoons green onions to cilantro mixture; process until smooth.
- Cut remaining onions diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Cut 8 pieces lengthwise into slivers; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork and 2-inch onion pieces; cover and cook 4 minutes. Turn pork over.
- Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Arrange pork mixture on a platter. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with slivered onions.
Recipe from Cooking Light August 2015
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 406.7 mg
- Fat: 21.6g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Cholesterol: 132.3 mg
Keywords: pork tenderloin, pork medallions, one pan meal