Garlic, fresh herbs and citrus elevate the flavor of this simple seafood meal.
For Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 1/2 pounds purple sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 4 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For Lemon-Dill Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- For Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place sweet potatoes and smashed garlic on a large, rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread out into a single layer.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and roast for 17 minutes, flip, then roast another 5 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and a bit crispy.
- For Lemon-Dill Butter: While potatoes are roasting, in a small bowl, mix together softened butter, dill, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons of this mixture onto the potatoes when they come out of the oven, stirring to coat, and set the rest aside.
- For Salmon: Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the salmon into as many portions as you need, pat the salmon dry with paper towels and season both sides well with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the pan, skin-side down, and let cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another minute or two - until the salmon reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- To Serve: Place roasted sweet potatoes on a platter. Arrange salmon fillets on top, adding some of the butter on top of each fillet to melt down into the salmon. Garnish with lemon wedges and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 622
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 532.2 mg
- Fat: 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 43.2 g
- Cholesterol: 141.5 mg
Keywords: roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, salmon