This simple salmon recipe can be on your dinner table in under 20 minutes and only uses one skillet, making it a perfect seafood dinner for busy weeknights. Paired with a simple, flavorful sauce, this will quickly become a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skin-on salmon, cut into 3 or 4 fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 9 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup double cream yogurt
- 2T sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped plus 1 teaspoon brine from the jar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For Garnish (optional):
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Lemon wedges
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the salmon into 3 or 4 portions, pat the salmon dry with paper towels and season both sides well with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the pan, skin-side down, and let cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for another minute or two — until the salmon reaches your desired degree of doneness. Remove salmon to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Do not wipe out the skillet.
- Lower the skillet to medium heat and add spinach. Add garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- While the spinach is cooking, in a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped capers and caper brine, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Serve salmon and spinach with remoulade on the side, with extra dill sprigs and lemon wedges, if desired.
If you can’t find double cream yogurt, you can substitute greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 890
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 854.8 mg
- Fat: 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 128.8 g
- Cholesterol: 281.6 mg
Keywords: one pan, quick recipe, salmon