These bites are jam-packed full of protein & superfoods – perfect for an energy boost when you’re on-the-go.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2–4 tablespoons plain yogurt (I used 2 1/2 tablespoons Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Lowfat)
- Make Protein Balls: Mix all ingredients (oats through flax seeds) together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Make Icing: In a small bowl, whisk together protein powder and as much yogurt as you need to get it to a smooth but firm consistency.
- Form chilled dough mixture into balls (I used a 1 tablespoon scoop). Drizzle, dip or pipe icing on top and return to the refrigerator until the icing has set. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 39.1 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
Keywords: energy balls, energy bites, protein powder, hemp seeds