This quick & easy Greek-inspired chickpea salad is packed with fresh veggies and a lemony herb-studded flax vinaigrette for a delicious Omega-3 boost!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (I used Barlean’s Forti-Flax)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flax oil (I used Barlean’s organic)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2–3 small bell peppers, seeded and chopped (I used red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2–3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- Make the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, combine garlic, dill, lemon juice, flax seeds, oregano, salt, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Whisk in flax oil until emulsified. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and red onion. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and stir to combine.
This salad is great alone, as a side dish, or stuffed into pita bread as a sandwich.
Omit feta to keep this salad vegan-friendly.
Keywords: vinaigrette, no-cook, Greek