Cod is coated with ground almonds and pan fried till beautifully flaky & tender in this delicious seafood recipe. Serve with my easy homemade tartar sauce!
For the Tartar Sauce:
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (I used Stonyfield Grassfed)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons, plus 1 teaspoon brine
- 1 tablespoon drained non-pareil capers, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For the Cod:
- For the Tartar Sauce: Mix all ingredients (yogurt through black pepper) in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the Cod:Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (but not so much that they turn into almond butter). Transfer to a large, shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the fish dry with paper towels and season one side of each fillet with salt and pepper. Brush with yogurt, then press into the ground almonds. Season the second side, brush with yogurt, and press into the almonds to coat.
- Once the oil is hot, place fillets into the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Transfer cooked fillets to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil before serving.
- Serve fish with tartar sauce and lemon wedges alongside.
Feel free to include any of the mustard seeds that are floating around in the cornichon brine that you measure out for the tartar sauce. They make a great addition!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 260.1 mg
- Fat: 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 36.5 g
- Cholesterol: 73.3 mg
Keywords: lemons, almonds, crusted cod, easy weeknight dinner