This smoky-sweet single skillet meal is a quick and easy way to get a comfort food dinner with Latin flair on the table any night of the week.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1 piece pork tenderloin, cut into thirds (about 1 pound total)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 small acorn or delicata squash (about 1 pound), halved, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup Stoneridge Orchards Chili Lime cherries
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork dry and season with half of the salt and pepper, the cumin, smoked paprika and coriander. Rub the seasoning all over. Once oil is hot, place pork in the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely browned all over. Add garlic, shallots, squash, cherries, chicken stock, and vinegar to pan. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 145°F and squash is tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, slice pork into medallions. Serve with veggies alongside, drizzling with the pan juices and plumped cherries. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 379.4 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 25.2 g
- Cholesterol: 73.7 mg
Keywords: pork, delicata squash, latin pork