You’re less than 30 minutes away from serving up a delicious, homemade chicken dinner with Latin flair! And with just a handful of ingredients and a single skillet, this Latin skillet is a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (about 5–6 pieces, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) chicken breast cutlets, pat dry
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with adobo seasoning, then fry until golden brown on the bottoms, about 3 minutes. Flip chicken over and add garlic and shallots, shaking the pan a bit so the garlic and shallots move toward the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Lower the heat to medium, add beans, and simmer until the beans are heated through and the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken and black beans with lime wedges alongside, if desired.