This super rich, creamy, tangy, no frills, crustless Italian-style cheesecake is easier than you’d think to prepare at home! It’s always a HUGE hit with everyone at the table. Perfect for holiday desserts, dinner parties, and celebratory meals.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 16 ounces full fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a pot or kettle of water to a boil. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap the outside of the springform with 2 layers of aluminum foil and place it inside of a deep roasting pan or baking dish.
- Add cream cheese and ricotta to a large mixing bowl. Mix together with an electric mixer until well combined. Add sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and the cooled butter and mix well. Stir in the sour cream until no white streaks remain.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Pour hot water into the perimeter of the baking dish until it comes about 1/2 inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave in oven 2 hours more (don’t open the oven door until all 3 hours have passed).
- Remove cheesecake to the counter to finish cooling, then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely, preferably overnight, before serving.
If the cheesecake is still warm when you need to transfer it to the refrigerator, cover the pan with a layer of paper towels, then aluminum foil. This will help prevent any condensation from forming and dripping down, which can discolor the top of your cheesecake.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 27.9 g
- Sodium: 181.9 mg
- Fat: 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 19.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.3 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 158.7 mg
Keywords: cheesecake, ricotta, Italian