A mix of fresh herbs brightens up this simple dish, perfect for lunch or as a side.
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Whisk shallot, oil, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a large bowl. Add couscous, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, and mint; season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired, and toss to combine.
Recipe from Bon Appétit July 2013 (via epicurious)
DO AHEAD: Israeli Couscous Tabbouleh can be made 1 day ahead (omit herbs). Cover and chill. Fold in herbs just before serving.