Break out your Instant Pot for a hearty comfort food dinner! This one pot tomato beef pasta recipe can be on your family’s table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 85% lean)
- 1 pound fusilli or rotini pasta
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (46-ounce) bottle tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to “Sauté” and adjust to “more”. Once the pot is hot, add ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking the meat apart with a wooden spoon until browned all over. Drain fat, if necessary.
- Add onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, ketchup, brown sugar, and chili powder. Stir to combine, then stir in the pasta. Close the lid, adjust the vent to “sealing” and set the Instant Pot to “Manual” high pressure for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off, manually release the pressure (quick release) before opening the lid.
- Serve pasta with grated Parmesan and sprinkled over top with garlic bread alongside.
Use a pasta that takes 11 min for al dente, according to the box.
A turkey baster is a good tool for getting inside of your Instant Pot to drain fat. Just make sure yours has a heat-proof tip (not plastic).
Total time doesn’t account for the time it takes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure, which can vary. It will likely take another 5-10 minutes total, but it’s hands-off time.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 545
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 853.6 mg
- Fat: 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.6 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
- Cholesterol: 53.5 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot, pasta, comfort food