Super creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes are easy to make in a fraction of the time thanks to the Instant Pot! This recipe has just 6 ingredients and delivers the smoothest, most flavorful mashed potatoes ever! You can even make them ahead of time – perfect for holiday meals and comfort food dinners.
- 5 pounds golden potatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock or bone broth
- 4 oz salted butter (add 1/2t kosher salt if unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground white pepper
- 3 T minced parsley
- Peel potatoes (leave whole) and place in the insert of your Instant Pot. Add chicken stock and butter. Close the lid set it to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. While the potatoes are still hot, one at a time, rice the potatoes into a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are all riced, place back in the Instant Pot insert and stir in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley until the butter and cream cheese are fully incorporated. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
We like to soak whole potatoes in cold water for at least 15 minutes (up to an hour) before peeling. It seems to help make them easier to peel.
Squeeze the ricer slowly at first to avoid scalding hot potatoes squirting out all over the place.
If you aren’t serving the mashed potatoes right away, close the lid and put on the Keep Warm setting until ready to serve.
Keywords: mashed potato, Thanksgiving, Instant Pot