An easy, delicious breakfast treat that your kids can help make!
- 6 slices of whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup cubed ham
- Before you begin Adult: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten the bread until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Brush both sides of each slice with melted butter.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese and season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Press the buttered bread slices into a six-cup muffin tin. Divide the ham cubes among the muffin cups.
- Fill the muffin cups with the egg mixture until they are 3/4 full. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Adult: Bake for 20-25 minutes until the egg mixture is firm.
Recipe from High Five Magazine December 2015
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 669.7 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 186.5 mg
Keywords: kid-friendly, egg cups, ham and cheese, kids can cook