Grilled cheese sandwiches don't get to have all the fun - take your everyday peanut butter and jelly sandwich to the next level by grilling + dipping!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 slices bread
- Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter with Omega-3 DHA & EPA
- Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread half the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip over and spread a layer of peanut butter on the reverse side. Spread a layer of jelly on top of one of the peanut buttered sides, then flip the other slice of bread on top to close the sandwich, butter-side up.
- Place the sandwich in the hot skillet and cook until golden brown, about 1-3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove from skillet and let cool. You can refrigerate or freeze the sandwich to speed this process up to make cutting it less messy.
- Once cooled, use a serrated knife to cut the sandwich into 4 slices. Serve with additional peanut butter or jelly on the side for dipping.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 16.4 g
- Sodium: 428.5 mg
- Fat: 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.6 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 30.5 mg
Keywords: PBJ, packable lunch, kid lunch, favorites, peanut butter